If you are a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics we invite you to join our Dietetic Practice Group and enjoy the following benefits:
Access to our professional website
VNDPG.org – provides professional information for VN DPG members. On this website you will find access to the PDF files of past Vegetarian Nutrition Update (our quarterly newsletter), RD resources on how vegetarian diets work in all stages of life, vegetarian nutrition in the news, links to the Executive Committee and state coordinators, and lots more useful information.
VegetarianNutrition.net – provides evidence-based vegetarian nutrition for consumers. This website launched in late 2010 provides information for your clients with links and resources to help them on their quest of healthy meatless eating. A member benefit is that professional websites and published books can be displayed here at your request.
Join our Social Media
Facebook at Vegetarian Nutrition
LinkedIn at Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
Student Social Media Forums:
Facebook at Vegetarian Nutrition DPG – Student Group
Other VN DPG member benefits
Ready to print RD Resources to distribute to clients or use the professional RD resources for yourself.
Member forums — a great way to connect with VN DPG members:
- Request ideas for clients with special diet needs
- Share latest research
- Engage with vegetarian friendly professionals
Opportunities to share your passion for Vegetarian Nutrition through our State Coordinators Program at your affiliate annual meetings:
- Scholarships available for presenting plant-based nutrition at your affiliate annual meetings
- Set up networking events for VN DPG members
- Promote VN DPG with an exhibit
- Connect with Academy student members
- Webinars are vegetarian topics
- VN DPG offers a $10,000.00 research grant for innovative vegetarian research to RDN’s, DTR’s and dietetic students who are members of the Academy. Apply now, the next deadline is June 15, 2017. For additional information or questions contact Stacy Chassagne at 800/877-1600, ext. 4767
Quarterly Newsletter – Vegetarian Nutrition Update Monthly e-blasts, to keep members apprised of what is going on with VN DPG.