This Speakers Bureau provides a database of VN DPG members who have speaking experience on plant based nutrition issues and are willing to prepare and speak on the topics listed.
State and regional associations of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics are welcome to choose speakers from this list for their meetings. In addition, the VN DPG offers speaker sponsorship to cover the travel and speaking fees. Apply here for Speaker Sponsorship information.
Are you a VN DPG member?
Discover how you can be part of the VN DPG Speakers Bureau by answering these questions:
- Are you a registered dietitian with a passion for and experience in speaking on plant-based nutrition?
- Have you been a member of the VN DPG for at least two years?
- Would you like to be sponsored to speak at regional and state meetings?
If you answered “yes” to all three questions, then please apply for the Speakers Bureau.
Ryan Andrews, MA MS RD
- Nutrition Realities That Influence Our Health and The Planet
Linda Arpino, RDN,CDN,FAND
- Plant-based Diets and Coronary Artery Disease Reversal
- Sustainable Food Choices and Family Health
- Vegetarian Food Choices for Adolescents
Irana Hawkins, PhD, MPH, RD
- A Plant-Based Diet for a Greener Planet
- Putting Zero Waste Into Practice
Julieanna Hever, MS, RD, CPT
- Winning at weight loss with a whole foods, plant-based diet.
- Let the myths stop here.
Meghan Jardine, MS,MBA,RD,LD,CDE
- Plant-based Nutrition for Diabetes
- The Top 8 Reasons to go Veg!
Reed Mangels, PhD, RD
- Vegetarian Nutrition for Infants, Children, and Adolescents
- Vegetarian Pregnancy and Lactation
- Vegetarian Diets for Older Adults
Virginia Messina, MPH, RD
- Planning Optimal Vegan Diets
Jill Nussinow, MS RD
- Taking Your Diet from SAD to GLAD: Learning to Eat the CHAMPS
- Planting Seeds of Change: Starting with Your Plate
- Spice Up Your Life with Herbs, Spices and Other Plants
Sharon Palmer, RDN
- Discovering Optimal Health through a Plant-Powered Diet:
Plant-based eating has many evidence-based health benefits.
- Meatless Meals Around the Globe:
Gain inspiration from the world’s best plant-based food traditions.
- A Plant-Powered Anti-Inflammatory Eating Style:
Turn to plants to reduce the negative impacts of chronic inflammation.
Gita Patel, MS, RD, CDE, CLT, LD
- Diabetes and Inflammation: Inflammatory Effects of Foods and Chemicals
- Hormonal Help: Functional Foods for Women of Reproductive Age through Menopause
- Benefits of Plant Foods for Feeding Health
Debbie Petitpain, MS, RD, LD
- Transitioning to a More Plant-Based Diet
- Bariatric Surgery
- Wellness Works! Tips and Tricks for Developing and Promoting Health and Wellness Solutions Where you Work
Tricia Psota, PhD, RD
- Vegetarian Nutrition for Special Groups
- The Moxie of Vegetarian/Vegan Diets Against the Myths
- Menu planning for vegan patients/students/customers: diet basics, nutrient requirements, cost control, and customer preferences
- Benefit or risk from the vegan and vegetarian diets: What does the scientific evidence show?
- Vegan and vegetarian diets: Trend, fad, or pathway to a healthier life and planet?
Mark Rifkin, MS RD
- Plant-Based Diets for Omnivores: Helping Clients, No Agenda
- The Genetic Basis of Lactose Intolerance: Is the Conventional Treatment for LI Scientifically Indefensible?
- The New Fat Phobia: Hot Trend or Nutrition Risk?
- The Sustainable Diet Debate in the 21st
Century: Plant-Based or Local?
Constance Roark, MBA, MS, RDN
- The Power of Ancient Grains and Plant-based Nutrition
- Do Plant Based Dietary Patterns Decrease Cardiovascular Risk and Increase Longevity?
- Vegetarian Meal Planning: How to get it right?
- The Power of Plant Proteins
Carolyn Tampe, MS RD CDE
- Plant-Based Diets and Diabetes
- Settling the Soy Controversy
- Vegetarian Nutrition 101
Chris Vogliano, MS RD LD
- The Future of Food – How Plant Based Diets Can Help Slow Climate Change
- Plant Based Diets and Chronic Disease